You touched on something very important: saying NO is a learned skill. It is a boundary. I couldn't have said it better!
Here’s what I’ve learned by saying NO more:
- My time is valuable so I guard it fiercely, and focus on creative work, relationships that matter, health, family etc.
- People will value your more when you say No, because they realise your time is precious.
- I’m less distracted by things that don’t really matter.
- I pursue my highest priorities and let go of trivial matters that consume my time and energy.
- Saying No frees you up to say YES to more important matters.